Thursday, May 8, 2008

Super Delegates for Hillary!



The folks who create these videos call them selves Brooklyn Vs. Bush and I met them at a green party event a couple months ago.

They talked me into showing up for one of their weekly filming parties, asking only that I try not to wear green.

I learned gradually throughout the evening: The videos are filmed in an extra bedroom on a third floor apartment on Court Street. Actors (or whoever shows up) are filmed in front of a green screen (thus, the "green" rule) on a carpet about 3 feet deep and 5 feet wide. You get a script, and while you look at it maybe some costume pieces and a stiff drink. And, at some point, dinner.

The folks who showed up made me feel squeaky brand new and naive. Salty actors from the days in New York when here were tons of strip joints on 42nd Street, they chain smoked and puzzled over their lines while downing a whiskey on ice. They prefer to do tis kind of work, they say, to working for Disney, which has pretty much taken over Broadway.

I was part of one video which hasn't been edited yet. You'll be the first to know. Unless I'm royally embarrassed!

No comments: